MTABC is the provincial association in B.C. responsible for supporting and advocating for music therapy in British Columbia.
When you join MTABC, you will receive a membership card/receipt, an annual report that includes a membership directory, and additional benefits such as:
- 10%-15% discount at Long and McQuade Music Victoria Store (Victoria Location only). Long and McQuade is one of Canada’s biggest music store offering a wide selection of musical instruments and music lessons all across the nation.
- Steve Nash Fitness World – Online membership rates are now available exclusively to MTABC members plus family members!
- 10% discount at Gandharva Loka The World Music Store. Gandharva Loka is the only store in Vancouver that offers a wide range of unique, handmade, modern and traditional musical instruments and accessories from around the world.
- MTA’s qualify to apply for funding for clinical work from Music Heals, an exciting new BC charity whose mandate is to raise awareness and funds for music therapy services
- Access to six continuing ed workshops on various topics, complementary with your membership.
- Access to seven years of recordings of all CE workshops and six years of annual conference presentations in the Secure Member Area of the website – this is great for members who are not in the Lower Mainland and can’t come to the free CE workshops.
- Discounts to the annual conference.
- Drumbeat: MTABC’s newsletter.
- MTAs can post info and their personal website link on the MTABC website, be notified of music therapy job postings, and have their contact information be available for the public in the “find a music therapist” search tool.
- Access to GoogleGroups, an online service that provides opportunity to share resources, make inquiries, share clinical concerns or highlights, etc.
- Complimentary MTABC Brochures to be used in public relations to increase the awareness of music therapy in BC. Click here to order (members only).
How to Become a Member
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in music therapy, regardless of qualifications or experience.
To register as an MTABC member, fill out the on-line membership form here. Be sure to indicate your preferred Drumbeat newsletter format and whether or not you would like to be added to our “find a music therapist” page (for MTA’s only).
Paypal is MTABC’s preferred secure method of payment. If you would like support in using paypal, please email our Admin Assistant: