MTABC is the provincial association in B.C. responsible for supporting and advocating for music therapy in British Columbia.
When you join MTABC, you will receive a membership card/receipt, an annual report that includes a membership directory, and additional benefits such as:
- MTAs qualify to apply for funding for clinical work from Music Heals, an exciting new BC charity whose mandate is to raise awareness and funds for music therapy services
- Access to promotional materials and resources such as our banners, brochures, posters and postcards.
- Access to advocacy materials to support your own individual proposals and advocacy efforts.
- Access to information on government regulation.
- Access to continuing ed workshops to continue to upgrade your clinical and professional skills, complementary with your membership.
- Access to years of recordings of all CE workshops and annual conference presentations in the Secure Member Area of the website – this is useful for members who are not in the Lower Mainland or on Vancouver Island and can’t come to the free CE workshops. Watching recordings can be used to accumulate CAMT CE credits.
- Discounts to the annual conference.
- Drumbeat: MTABC’s newsletter.
- MTAs can post info and their personal website link on the MTABC website, be notified of music therapy job postings, and have their contact information be available for the public in the “find a music therapist” search tool.
- Access to our community GoogleGroups, an online service that provides opportunity to share resources, make inquiries, share clinical concerns or highlights, etc.
- Complimentary MTABC Brochures (examples) to be used in public relations to increase the awareness of music therapy in BC. Click here to order (members only).
How to Become a Member
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in music therapy, regardless of qualifications or experience.
To register as an MTABC member, fill out the on-line membership form here. Be sure to indicate your preferred Drumbeat newsletter format and whether or not you would like to be added to our “find a music therapist” page (for MTA’s only).
Paypal is MTABC’s preferred secure method of payment. If you would like support in using paypal, please email our Admin Assistant: